Follow MtnGrl Musing

Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Tao of Now

I have little use for the past and rarely think about it.
Wha-?

When I read that statement, my mind had been stirring around "what could have beens" in a marinade of the past for several days since my umpteenth (yet first) high school reunion It was riveting, to say the least, and, given the timing, a totally alien concept

I've finally gotten around to reading Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now, and that quote is the first line of the book. Given the amount of time I spent revisiting the first line, this book's gonna be a looong read.   I guess it would be a good idea to deal with the here and now, though, instead planning future expat living or pondering past possibilities if different choices were made.   Now's pretty good, after all; many people have it far worse, and many more still will, given the restructuring economy. So...I guess words of wisdom are: enjoy now while you can.

Or,as this yogi reminds us in her piece on bhakti,

"...life is a mysterious gift to be grateful for, and not, as we often pretend, a perfectly comprehensible vehicle to control."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected