Follow MtnGrl Musing

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Flustered by Flu Info influx

Surprising that swine flu landed before avian flu, huh? A few years ago, reports of an imminent bird flu outbreak hit the airwaves. Though there was significant avian flu outbreaks in parts of Asia, and herds of chickens killed as close by as Europe, I don't remember avian flu actually touching ground in the U.S. News of Swine flu, or (H1N1 virus so as not to offend in hog enthusiasts), who's at risk, who isn't, what shot to get, what shot not to get, is all over the media! I'm utterly perplexed. I have never even gotten a seasonal flu vaccine, and, as such, I REALLY don't know wht to do re H1n1. Am I less at risk for it since I've never had the shot and probably only had flu symptoms once or twice in the past ten years. Am I MORE at risk? Is the fact that I've never had a seasonal flu shot completely irrelevant? I'm confused! Then I saw this formerly vibrant, athletic 26 year old Redskins cheerleader's story, and I am even further confused! What to do, what to do?!! What are YOU doing?

2 comments:

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

I saw this on my local news and it is indeed troubling. I have a 5 year old in school and so many schools around here have been shut down and a little boy was lost to the disease, so...

Gosh, its such a hard choice to make, but all my doctor friends have gotten the mist so, I can only hope for the best.

Hope you are well.

Windroot said...

If you are in a high risk group definitely consider getting the H1N1 shot. That's assuming you can find any.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected