Follow MtnGrl Musing

Tuesday, October 8, 2002

How to Lose Friends and Alienate People


Such a great title, and maybe even a worthwile read given wry observations such as these: "Popular culture was strictly divided between stuff it was okay to like -- independent films, alternative rock, any form of cultural expression associated with minorities -- and the mindless pap produced by the American entertainment industry," Young writes. If mainstream pop culture was "enjoyed at all," he says, "it was strictly in a spirit of camp condescension."


Not that I'd know anything at all about losing friends and alienating people, of course. And when I think I might, I just hookup with my friend who, conveniently, manages to justify whatever I've done, whereas anybody else would prescribe 12 Hail Mary's or some non-Catholic equivalient! "Rationalize, rationalize, can't you have just one minute of shame about your sh**?!" And, of course, I do, but I can't be held responsible for the clash of someone else's delusion with my reality--can I? I'd be an accomplice!


Groin ache gone. Seagull on. And my pumpkin is a cornucopia of blessings and joy. This age is turning out much better for our relationship than the last, I think (though 4 remains my favorite.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected