Follow MtnGrl Musing

Saturday, August 24, 2002

If Only Out of Vanity


That's the name of this piece that rocked my world as I saw this wild-haired free girl performing it loud and strong on Def Poetry Jam one night. Loved it. It may be evident less from the words than by the performance of them why the piece was such a world rocker. But the last bit especially resonates:


I want to go down in history

in a chapter marked miscellaneous

because the writers could find

no other way to categorize me


In this world where classification is key

I want to erase the straight lines

So I can be me



Staceyann Chin. Love that chick. Wanna be like her when I grow up.


Otherwise, another quote, another chick:
Good Girls Keep Diaries, Bad Girls don't Have The Time


Life. Be in it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected