Follow MtnGrl Musing

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Prompted by the Quote

The quote of the day widget on my blog provided me with a writing prompt today -- (hey THERE's an idea!):
Clarity is the counterbalance of profound thoughts. The quote's attributed, according to the widget, to Marquis De Vauvenargues. Heard of him? Me neither. Apparently, he was a French essayist (or so Wiki Pedia claims). Anyway, the point is, it prompted me. Since profundity eludes me, maybe random clarity will lure it out.

1. Sometimes you're not fashionable, you're just late.
2. Watching these strident talk shows hosts on MSNBC raises my blood pressure.
3. Why is it deemed worthwhile to save a town of 3,000 people by flooding 130,000 acres of farmland--and rendering others homeless in the process? Are food prices not high enough?
4. There are better reasons than timely car maintenance to get married, I'm told.
5. No one doesn't like bacon. They may not eat it, but it's not because they don't like it.
6. What passes for news these days seems more like gossip and conjecture.
7. If you keep pedaling on the road of life, eventually you'll get somewhere.
8. Are there support groups for parents of teenagers?
9. If boredom evolves from depression, is it progress or resignation?
10."I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it." -- Rhianna

Naah, no profundity. Yawn.

1 comment:

Peter Clare said...

11. The present is the past recycled.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected