Follow MtnGrl Musing

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sky Wonders

A still unexplained oil spill continues to erupt thousands of barrels of oil a day into the Gulf of Mexico, disrupting livelihoods, marine life and the ecology in ways we'll be discovering for decades; a landslide derails a train in China, and an unbelievable hail storm wreaks massive havoc in Oklahoma. There's a lot to be freaked out about.



Despite that, thankfully, some things can be counted on to bring joy year after year, like the Cheverly Day Fireworks--the absolute BEST, in the region, period--some say :). I've lived in this nook of the world for longer than I'll say and long ago stopped bothering with the overhyped, underdelivering Fireworks on the National Mall for the 4th of July. Fortunately, just a few traffic-free, walkable blocks away, one day every year, I can look directly overhead and scream with delight at the top of my lungs at the fantastic display in the night sky.

Life is good.
Too bad I forgot my camera. Enjoy this fine shot.

Photo credit & copyright 2010: Brian Mosely

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected