Follow MtnGrl Musing

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Words this Wednesday: Seeing Phoenix in Houston

I've decided to abandon hope of time and the inclination to produce a plump and cogent collection of thoughts framed thematically. If I keep waiting for that time to arrive, this blog will die from neglect. I'm just going with short bursts of stuff that's been on my mind, like, does spending a lot of time interacting via Tweets or bursts on Facebook, impede one's ability to take the time to put two sentences together? My attention flits about like a butterfly--

Bank of America should pay customers back, too; if they really want to make amends! I've been complaining for at least the last month about all the new fees that Bank of America gallingly yet quietly charges.
... at Bank of America, overdrawing an account by as little as $6 currently results in a $35 fee. That charge can be applied multiple times in one day. The Charlotte, N.C.-based bank and JPMorgan Chase now say they're easing up and putting caps on such fees. More important, customers will soon have to opt into overdraft programs, rather than being automatically enrolled in them. The changes will apply to new Bank of America customers. At New York-based JPMorgan, even existing customers will have to opt in to overdraft programs.

If customers choose not sign up, it could mean an enormous loss of profits.

In 2007, banks earned about $29 billion from overdraft fees, according to Oliver Wyman, the parent company of Celent. That's more than the $28 billion consumers spent on major appliances and the $14 billion they spent on books, according to the research firm.
Anticipating the government's closer scrutiny during upcoming Congressional investigation, maybe Bank of America is trying to head 'em off the pass, dodge a bullet, or just negotiate, by deciding to charge less often for stuff they shouldn't be charging for at all.

I watched much of Idiocracy again recently on Comedy Central. This time I noted, the President's Black --a former wrestling champion-- and, wouldn't you know it? While he's giving a big speech, someone in the audience does a shout out: "SOUTH CAROLINA!" Life realizing art?

Whitney Houston, as interviewed by Oprah, is absolutely inspiring. I have never owned any music by Whitney Houston. She has amazing vocal abilities, and also is a talented actress. Her personal life has been very public, and for awhile seemed quite tragic, as shown on Bravo. I can think of few people who have enjoyed the degree of collective wishes for well being as Whitney Houston has. There's something about Whitney Houston that just made me and many others root for her. I'm not even a huge Whitney fan but even I prayed and, sometimes it seemed, to hope against hope, that she would see her way out of that lifestyle-- if not for her sake, for her daughter, Bobbi Kristina. It was clear on "Being Bobby Brown", just as it is clear now: Whitney LOVED her some Bobby, but it wasn't a healthy situation. Now though, the seemingly drug addled superstar we once saw on the show is, thankfully, gone. Whitney Houston sat across from Oprah looking fandamntastic, her skin potraying no evidence of fast living and hardly, of even maturing. She has an inspirational story to tell, and, with brain cells still intact to tell it, is frank about her inspiration. She came through the fire, and brought her daughter with her. I congratulate her and wish her well.

I did a cartwheel today and saw stars!!!
So I did it again.

1 comment:

Joanne Olivieri said...

Wells Fargo is the same as BofA. I once had mya account overdraw due to a $10.00 check and incurred three $30.00 fees for checks that had not gone through before the overdraft. There was nothing I could do about it. They're all criminals as far as I'm concerned.

Whitney Houston in my opinion is one of the top five singers in the world. Though her voice is not as strong as it once was, she is simply amazing. I applaud her for her strength and willpower. And, she looks as gorgeous as ever.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected